Thursday, October 31, 2013

Homemade Detergent - October 31st Meeting

A Beautiful Mess

Embrace Your Story

"I met God" 

by JoAnn Kiplinger

I met God in the morning, when my day was at its best, 
And His presence came like sunrise, like a glory in my breast. 
All day long the presence lingered, all day long He stayed with me;
And we sailed in perfect calmness, o'er a very troubled sea.
Other ships were blown and battered, other shops were sore distressed,
But the wind that seemed to blow then, brought to us, a peace and rest. 
Then I thought of other mornings, with a keen remorse of mind, 
When I too, had loose the moorings, with His presence left behind. 
So I think I know the secret. Learned from many a troubled way;
You must seek Him in the mornings, if you want Him through the day.

O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You. In a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. 
Psalm 63:1-2

Next Meeting: November 7th


  • Individual Challenge: bring a written note containing five things you are thankful for
  • Disheveled Divas have meal next meeting
  • Ongoing Fundraiser: Papa Johns - bring in your receipts off the boxes - MOPS get 20%
  • Secret Mom Gift Exchange: if you are participating your next gift will need to arrive during the month of December (the 5th and 19th are meeting dates)
Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Ingredients: (makes about 12 servings)
  • 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 2 cans of ham
  • 4 cups shredded taco blend cheese
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 stick of butter

Directions: 

~Place half of the sliced potatoes in the bottom of crockpot; top with half of onion, cheese and ham. Repeat layers. 
~Top with cream of chicken soup and butter. 
~Cook on low 6 hours.

***This is a great recipe to freeze and use as an emergency meal! You will have leftovers!***

MOPS at The Grove
12300 County Line Rd.
Madison, AL 35756
Pastor: Ross Clemmons
Children’s Pastor: Lottie Partridge
Phone: 256-233-2080

No comments:

Post a Comment